Sunday, 4 September 2005

Bad judgement

Now, normally I'd probably not have time to vent more than once a day. However: What is it with my Flatmate and bad judgement? I thought I had the monopoly on bad judgement in men. However, she seems to beat me (she almost slept with a Republican once).

Her latest find, whom I will admit is very attractive in a rugged sort of way, has already displayed two behaviours typical to commitment phobic individuals:

  1. Extreme reluctance to meet her friends
  2. Leaving to go home shortly after sex despite being completely knackered

From my own past behaviour I can say that a combination of the two usually means "You're cute, but this just ain't the right time".

The guy was there last week; I got home while they were in the bedroom and as I was on the phone to someone else and sitting in the living room, he somewhat sheepishly shuffled past me and left.

Yesterday they went out; she was very excited beforehand and very downbeat when she got back. I feel very sorry for her and don't really know what to say.

Don't people get to an age where it's OK to say, you know, "we've had a really good time but that's unfortunately all it was"? Grow up, man.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for checking out my site. I appreciate it. I wanted to repay the favour, so here I am.
    Your posts are short, but substantial, insightful, and poignant. Superbly documented examples of...well...life!
    Good Luck. I'll add you to my favorites and link you on my site. If you don't want to be linked, just say so.
    Don't stop writing! Valete!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section