Thursday, 15 September 2005

Household issues

To live together or not, that is the question.

Which I fielded to J not so long ago. I thought he might say no, which he did, which was probably just as well, as the thought of actually living with him fills me with a certain amount of commitment phobia.

The best way to counter commitment phobia is of course to be with someone who is even more phobic than yourself. This solution does however make for difficult navigation when it comes to matters like living arrangements.

Rubber gloves & dishes - the way to gage the success of any cohabiting couple

I've been in live-in relationships before, and had both good and bad experiences. Nothing is better than waking up to the person you love every day, to live in your own private space where you can run around naked, and to snuggle up in bed or on the sofa in front of the Ten O'Clock News.

Then again, nothing is worse than waking up next to a person you can't stand, have disinterested sex with them and then proceed to bicker about the dishes / whose turn it is to clean the bathroom.

At any rate, I was quite relieved that he said no, altbeit a bit sad as part of me of course desperately craves reassurance in the relationship.

And now, fate has thrown a middle way solution in our direction.

J is stranded without a flat for a month due to his present landlady being a greedy cow (multiple to-let property owner greedy? Now there's something you don't hear every day…), and as the super-girlfriend I am I've of course offered that he can come to stay with me and Depressed Flatmate until he moves into his new flat.

Time will show if he takes me up on the offer, but I'm already a little excited.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section