Friday, 30 September 2005

Not the usual

I've just googled an ex. Turns out he's still living in this city despite keeping completely quiet and avoiding sightings by mutual acquaintances. Unless they're lying to me, which I can't really imagine they would.

Is googling exes acceptable when in a relationship? And how about emailing them? I still receive emails from a handfull of connections from the past. Even with the ones I don't love anymore I am still strangely comforted to know they are OK.

Every person you get to know allows you to become a slightly different you. Sometimes a better one, sometimes worse. If you don't keep in touch with them, it's like leaving a piece of yourself behind.

A woman with a lot of arms; but she still looks happy even with all those extra bits. Winner of one of the categories of Visions of Science 2005 by Amanda Rebbechi.

And if you keep moving on a lot like I have, that's a lot of pieces. I wonder if the pieces add up to a big chunk of me, percentage wise, or if there's a constant chunk (say 78%) that's 'me, now'. That would mean the old pieces shrink as they multiply to fit into their 22%.

I knew A-level maths would be good for something

2 comments:

  1. I accidently posted this on "Phases", your 2nd last entry. It belongs here.

    I don't know what it is about your writing that I dig so much... I just know that I love it. Maybe it's the way you think or walk around issues before coming at them. Anyways. Your great. Cheers, J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I side With James, Which is weird, because usually I just make fun of him. Oh well. Thanks for the nice words on my blog, and I noticed you added me, thanks for that too. You have a lovely blog, and your posts are always wonderfully written, it's a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section