Saturday, 1 October 2005

A happy morning

I had a happy morning today, better than for a long time. I got up at a reasonable hour, did the dishes, did some yoga, wasted enough water to hydrate a small African state in the shower and noticed the yellowing of the trees when walking into work.

Was just told today that I have all of Christmas off, and managed to wrangle another day off on top of that, giving me a whole long week holiday.

J will be coming with me to see my family, which I'm really looking forward to. He likes food, there'll be lots of eating; it's bound to be a hit.

Secretly, I'm hoping that he'll like it so much there that he'll agree to move there eventually. We've had the conversation and he said something like "it can't be ruled out".

I don't know how I'm meant to chose between where I want to live and who I want to live with. I have this horrible image of myself fleeing home at the age of 40, one child under each arm and a broken heart, to a future of working as a checkout girl. Which there's nothing wrong with, but you know what I mean.

I try not to think about this that much.

Apparently 80% of people have a long term partner from within a 20 kilometre radius from where they grew up (what's with the stats? I don't know, it must be that time of the month). So much for rebelling and trying to be original, eh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section