Friday, 28 October 2005

Moving-in day approaching

I was on the phone to J last night, and he told me he will be dropping off his stuff for our trial cohabitation on Sunday afternoon.

The thought of that does fill me with a certain degree of excitement, but as mentioned earlier, it's a bit scary.

Part of me thanks God for his bad relationship with his mum, without which he probably would have chosen to stay with her rather than me (she also lives in London). Such is his commitment phobia.

On the other hand, I am mildly panicking. I suspect/fear I might like the idea of living with him better than the fact of it.

Pros:

  • More cuddles before sleep and when waking up in the morning
  • Someone who cooks and does the dishes
  • Never having to leave the house cause you have a partner for dvd-watching, secret crap TV indulgence, Singstar and board games

Don't worry, I'm not going to start with the whole 'building a life together' thing, although I do like going to Ikea with J, and not just cause he buys me meatballs. I assume this is down to some poorly-researched graduate nesting instinct... Or just the regular female one.

In fact, I can't really think of any practical cons to cohabitation apart from:

Major opportunity to have your heart broken in a drawn-out, economically devastating manner.

But I could live with that. Roll on, cohabitation.

Technorati tags:


1 comment:

  1. Well, as long as he does the dishes n da cooking! And, of couyrse, lovin each otha ;-) PEACE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section