Thursday, 12 January 2006

The smell of victory - HNT1

I know that my calling is normally to introduce my boyfriends to carefree, high quality blow jobs, but on this one occasion I feel it is also to help him break free from oversized sweathers and shapeless corduroys (yuk!).

This morning, after cuddles and a quickie* in bed, J and I went shopping to catch the tail end of the sales.

Jeans; every man should have them
When we first met, he did all the grocery shopping for a pre-Christmas party I was throwing (mainly to lure him to my house, and it worked!) and in return, all he asked was that I accompany him on a shopping trip.

It has taken over a year for him to get his act together and actually go shopping. A rare thanks to his usually horrible mum who donated the cash to tip him over the edge.

He hasn't bought any new clothes apart from underwear, socks and white t-shirts since I've known him, so this was I guess an occasion of which I failed to fully appreciate the importance until I was in the middle of it.

About two years ago now he also lost a lot of weight (funny how that seems to happen when men come out of relationships), so all his clothes are too big.

He hasn't bought a pair of jeans for ten years.

TEN YEARS! And he is only in his early thirties.

I steered him stealthily towards the jeans section in H&M, and although I still can't believe it, he actually bought a pair. As they were quite cheap, not the most superb pair I've seen, but they make his arse and legs look amazing. I'm so pleased with the progress.

Personally, I think it's important to dress well to feel good; if you dress in oversized clothes you'll feel slobby and it will impact your confidence. Say what you want about What Not to Wear, but I think Trinny & Suzannah have a point, just look at the men's faces when they get their wives back at the end of each show.

All fingers crossed he'll get lots of compliments when he strides into work looking a dream, to encourage him to go shopping more. I haven't had that much fun in a clothes shop for ages. Funny how they'll always allow women into the men's dressing rooms but not the other way around...

Oh, and the therapist? He left her a message and she hasn't called back yet.

But at any rate, I think that when you're allowed a say on what your man wears, it means you're pretty much in there.

I've told him over lunch that we have to find a flat for May at the latest, as my parents are coming to visit and I'd like them to stay with us.

He just said "OK then".

So is the cheque in the mail? Not quite, but I think it's being written out as we speak.

I am celebrating this by joining the cult of HNT, mostly inspired by my favourite J's Girlfriend Cheerleader WKDY.

Unfortunately it's a little unadventurous despite me being in a really good mood, but hey people, I'm at work!!

* I am thinking this might have been what set us up for such good shopping

12 comments:

  1. *wolf whistle*

    Very sexy HNT, Sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Even if you were being ironic. I feel very encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No new jeans in 10 years! I can hardly make it 6 months without at least WANTING a new pair. All it will take is one compliment, and he will be ready for a wardrobe overhaul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now.. next week, pose at home... :)

    Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Careful, or you'll make me blush. And no new jeans for 10 years? Eeek!

    Right... I'm tantalised, and now I want to see more. In the meantime, a very happy virginal HNT to one of my very favourite blog friends x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo for the HNT contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great 1st HNT pic! Welcome to the madness!

    Happy HNT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh - clothes shopping! I'm not sure what to think of it myself since my J doesn't DO SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES, heh. I have to do it for him... =o.

    Count yourself lucky ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the kind compliments! Next week I'll try to post one of J's favourite bit and my most hated one; my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, well I'm happy to hear things are going so well for you dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section