Wednesday, 8 February 2006

Excuses, excuses

In the grand theme of apologies, J has come up with a solution to the Valentines blunder.

He called me last night and asked "if we could maybe do something Valentine's-like on the 15th". He suggested taking me out for dinner, which of course I'm not going to refuse.

I'll in fact even offer to pay my own way.

Call me a softie, but there was real remorse in his voice and I could tell he saw this as the only way to both enjoying Gerrard's legs on Tuesday as well as being able to live with his conscience come the end of next week.

What's a gal to do? Should I have put my foot down and said "no you bastard, if you want to watch footie that's it; I'm leaving you and my farewell present will be a Sky Sports subscription"?

I feel that would be the wrong route to take. I find I'd rather be doormat girlfriend than bitchy girlfriend. Hopefully this reflects well on my nature rather than being an indication of my upbringing to always be nice and make people like me at any cost.

Plus, if I took the bitchy route I'd miss out on what might very possibly become a very nice dinner in the restaurant we usually go to for special occasions (it's so special I'm not even going to tell you which one it is).

The only other option would be to do the martyr thing of going along to dinner, moping all evening, making him pay and then witholding sex for an indefinite period of time, but as I'm sure you all know I'd never manage moping when faced with delicious food, never mind the sex withdrawal.

So that's that, then.

Also, I've bought a new version of Singstar, so I'm fully planning to force J to sing with me all evening which he'll agree on since he'll be in a permanent state of bad conscience until the meal deal next Wednesday is actually over and done with.

I like to think I'm not a complete pushover.

1 comment:

  1. Rather than a pushover, you seem quite lovely. I wonder if J has even the slightest inkling of how lucky he is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section