Monday, 17 April 2006

Blogger fatigue

I had a dream the other night. It was about the internet, but not me surfing it as such; the whole 'screen' of the dream was a computer window, if you know what I mean.

It could have been my blog. But no worries, it's not
On the dream internet, I was looking at WDKY's blog (worth a read for those of you who haven't), and it had a sticky at the top saying he was going to lay it to rest for now.

It was a little sad, actually.

And then I woke up and thought, maybe I should give my own blog a rest. I've got less time, it's summer outside, and I feel I have less to say than I used to.

I thought maybe I should post a sticky like the one in my dream, saying I've taken a break, or even to move my blogging to an undisclosed location to get a fresh start.

But now I'm thinking, maybe I shouldn't. Maybe I should just do some spring cleaning in here; redesign a little, and post only when I actually feel like I have something to say. Like today.

Because I think blogging is healthy for me. Sometimes I forget that I do it mainly for my own benefit, and start thinking I would like more people to read it, or for it to have more functions, or that there's no point unless I update daily.

However, that's not why I started this. I started it so I could have a record of my own feelings towards J, and towards life in general. Is there a clever mood-plotting gizmo for blogs available anywhere? There definitely should be.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am particularly glad you had a change of heart. You'd have forced me to stalk you, which is potentially frightening for the stalkee and humiliating for the stalker.

    I LOVE the new design, incidentally. Oh, and next time can you dream something a little... ruder?

    And I had to delete my first comment, as I made a crucial spelling kmistake that bothered me too much to leave up there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section