Monday, 22 January 2007

What shall I do for my man on Valentine's day?

Please readers, suggestions are welcome... I realise that Valentine's day is still almost a month away, but I came across this photo on Flickr and really felt it described just what our love is like.

By iz'sourceon Flickr
Or love in general.

I mean not crazy, I'm 17 and will die without you kind of love, but real, lasting love that you get in relationships like the one I have with J, where it's sometimes a struggle, but you're hoping to build a life together.

It's the kind of love you get when your lives are tangled up together for more than just Sunday breakfasts. When romance isn't like a red rose, singularly attractive all the time, but like this; an accidentally formed surprise of red string in a tangled, blue surround.

Or maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

But it's gone well with J and me lately (maybe that's why I've blogged about it less?). And for me, this is fine.

I love of course grand gestures and candlelit evenings, but I like even more to stick one ice cold foot under his hot duvet when he's already asleep and I creep in after a late shift.

There are maybe no surprise trips to New York, but he wants to take me to the seaside in March, just because he says I've been working too hard and he knows I like the seaside.

"You're not interested in the flowers," he says. "You just want me to put out." How true.

And I think he's pre-ordering Final Fantasy XII for me as a present, even though that means I'll hog the TV for at least the next three months. Is it any wonder I love him?

Bonus Technorati tags:

4 comments:

  1. I don't know him, but
    Get him something that you can enjoy together. What about a Nintendo Wii? I heard you guys are casual gamers.

    A Spa date is nice too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there

    Thanks for visiting and doing the Bloggin Survey. I appreciate your comments and support. Do you want a link on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy him a trip to Vinneapolis. Then get wasted together, and shag after. Sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your adivce!

    Sorry to be so ignorant, but what / where is Vinneapolis??

    I'm sorry to say, but I fear that both a Wii and a night of shagging would benefit me more than him... I know, he's so difficult!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for not just lurking..

Peer Review Section